Wednesday 12 January 2011

King shocks Selby at Wembley


One of the biggest upsets of the season had been produced by Mark King.In the opening round of the Masters at Wembley Arena,he recovered from trailing 2-0 to overcome defending champion Mark Selby 6-4.

The tournament is consider as one of the most respectable competition on the calendar with the world's top 16 players competing for a £150,000 first prize from an overall pot of £500,000.

With a break of 70 in the opening frame,Selby was quickly into his stride

"I have got nothing against Mark. He is a lovely lad, but I just wondered what he was doing when he went two frames up," said King.

"He cleared up on the black and put his cue in the air as if he had won sort of thing, and I said 'alright, you are only 2-0 up, not 5-0 ahead. Lucky enough for me, it spurred me on."

No comments: