Thursday 29 September 2011

Ricky Burns present at the Wembley Arena

Ricky Burns is hoping that after this November's WBO lightweight title fight with Michael Katsidis has been confirmed to be remembered.

Rihanna tickets online

The pride of Monklands will present at the Wembley Arena on Saturday, November 5 on the Australian.

The 28-year-old WBO super featherweight belt in September last year he won the vacant championship is relinquished to crack.

Burns in Queenslander Katsidis is stiff opposition in his 32 fights as a professional has won 28 of the face.

“People have already started to write me off before I’ve even thrown a punch,” said Burns at a press conference in London last Thursday.

“But that doesn’t really bother me because I’m used to being the underdog.

“I know this will be a tough fight because Katsidis is a good boxer.”

Burns had wanna that the showdown with the Aussie to be taken at the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow.

However, fight promoters Wembley venue, which has the potential of more than 12,000 have opted for.

Burns added, “If I’m being honest, I would have preferred the Kelvin Hall because it has a great atmosphere with the Glasgow crowd behind you.

“But I really just want to get in the ring.”

Burns’ manager Alex Morrison said: “We’ve still to find out how many more fighters will be on the bill but I think it will be a great night for Ricky and his fans.”

No comments: