Tuesday 22 February 2011

Tyler bags victory down Wembley way


In front of a packed Wembley Arena,Tyler Goodjohn winning streams begin his professional career with a points victory over the experienced Matt Seawright.

"It was a good win," said Goodjohn, from Wentworth.

"I won every round and nearly put him down in the fourth. He was a real spoiler and very experienced, so he knew how to stay in the fight.

"I was a bit disappointed the fight was only four rounds. I don’t really know why they brought it down.

"In the fourth round I started to land some really big shots. If there had been just one more round I’m sure I would have got him out of it.

"Going into the fight I felt really fit. By the fourth round I was just getting warmed up. In a way it’s a good thing it was only four rounds, but to be told the day before the fight it was going down from six was a bit disappointing."

For the former Haddenham ABC star to boxing at Wembley Arena was a special moment and being appreciated by around 100 supporters, including elder brother Liam who he supported the previous week, made the atmosphere even better.

"It was really good to box there," said Goodjohn. "The atmosphere was brilliant. I thought I’d get nervous, but I didn’t. I managed to rise to the occasion and really enjoyed it."

No comments: